Xorg wget download links

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:46:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, at 11:43 taipan67 wrote:
> Randy McMurchy wrote:
> >
> > There is merit to the idea of having "direct download links" just
> > like all the other packages. I didn't think about that. However,
> > from a support standpoint, I like the idea of having the wget script
> > as we are more assured that a package won't inadvertently be missed
> > by the installer.
> >

> I've been thinking about [...] as an 'end-user' rather than a
> developer [...]

No, you are thinking!

    if    you are thinking
    while you are watching tv-shows
    for   such a boring thing
    until you understand every little detail and tried to make us understand
    	  the same as you did
    then
	you are thinking as a developer

Seriously. One of the most important things in [B]LFS books is consistency.
The reader of the Book, by the moment he starts to find his way and feels
comfortable with them (books), then he doesn't have to be surprised with
inconsistencies of the structure of the Books.
If something fits wrong in one place, it has to be like this, everywhere.
If it is fixed in one place, it has to be fixed in all the places.

Of course there are different approaches. I mean we all have some of
them, or (some) have many of them.
For example, I would have place everywhere, variables, if/case
statements, while/for loops, etc...
Or I would make it more compact, and with a more linear order, or in my
wild dreams just one book from the first pass of binutils - until Xorg.
To absolutely essential packages of course.

You see. That is my belief. Every one should think as a developer.
Personally, I don't care about the pathetic users(as maybe you do),
I care about the ones who have the will to study and are eager to learn,
I care about the ones who have the will to help (in every humble way),
the development of the Books.