Xorg wget download links

taipan67 sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 12 17:41:30 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 7/12/07, DJ Lucas <dj at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
>> ...As far as the wiki is concerned, and it's been a while since I put anything on the wiki, but it's at worst a 3 or 4 line script for formatting to update the wiki from the wget and md5 lists.  The toughest part is remembering to do it when the file lists change.  :-)
>>

> I was playing with this a bit. It's not too bad, but the problem is
> that Xorg is such a big job as it is that the Wiki just seems like a
> lot of extra effort. I'm not sure there's really a ton of benefit for
> having individual links for each tarball. There are other things I
> think that would be a lot more interesting to have on the Wiki.
>
> --
> Dan

I'm building every Xorg-package as a separate package-user, & it was no
great hardship for me to download the individual package-tarballs using
wget by copy/pasting the download domain & appending the package-name to
it from the wget-list - i see no need for an exhaustive list of the full
URL's of each package.

taipan