Xorg wget download links

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 12 11:42:33 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> I wrote these words on 07/12/07 14:58 CST:
>

>> I think there should be a list of links, and I suppose the Wiki would
>> be best for it, with a mention on the X pages that it can be found
>> at <Wiki URL>. That way, a person can do it either way they choose.
>>

> Another thing we need to think about is the package updates. By creating
> a list of actual download links (wherever it may be decided it goes) it
> does create a bit of a burden on the Editor who does the Xorg updates
> as it means updating two lists of files. We need DJ and Dan to provide
> input as they've been the ones doing the Xorg work.

I'm not really sure my name belongs in that context, Dan has pretty much
taken the ball and ran with it long ago.  As far as the wiki is
concerned, and it's been a while since I put anything on the wiki, but
it's at worst a 3 or 4 line script for formatting to update the wiki
from the wget and md5 lists.  The toughest part is remembering to do it
when the file lists change.  :-)

-- DJ Lucas