Xorg wget download links

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 12 12:58:48 PDT 2007

taipan67 wrote these words on 07/12/07 14:47 CST:

> I agree in principle, but in the specific case of the Xorg packages, the
> use of the direct download links is effectively being discouraged in
> favour of the more 'scripted' wget-method - that was why i preferred the
> less orthodox option - what do you think?

There is merit to the idea of having "direct download links" just
like all the other packages. I didn't think about that. However,
from a support standpoint, I like the idea of having the wget script
as we are more assured that a package won't inadvertently be missed
by the installer.

I think there should be a list of links, and I suppose the Wiki would
be best for it, with a mention on the X pages that it can be found
at <Wiki URL>. That way, a person can do it either way they choose.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]