Xorg wget download links

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 12 12:29:42 PDT 2007

taipan67 wrote these words on 07/12/07 14:16 CST:

> I think the 'Package Information' section would be more appropriate,
> personally, perhaps with a title like "Wget download list-file"...

I thought about this after reading the above and I'm convinced that
it would not be the right thing. *All* the other 400-something packages
(don't know exact number) only put the package download URL there.
Having just a few a bit different would be, well, um, different
than all the other packages. And different is not really a good thing
as it breeds confusion.

Just my opinion.

> ...I also think it's a bit redundant having the same 'md5sum' link on
> every page. The ideal would be to split it into categories, & then each
> md5sum-file could be saved at the same time as the sources & used with
> the '-c' option to check the downloaded files en masse.

There is no "en masse" in BLFS. I'd bet very few people download all
the packages in one chapter before building a single one of them. The
book is designed to be non-linear, and each package stands on its own
(dependencies noted).

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.23] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]