Xorg wget download links

taipan67 sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 12 12:16:02 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 07/12/07 13:27 CST:
>

>> What about in Additional Downloads vs. part of Package Information?
>>

> Because it is not an upstream file, I think it is probably best in
> the "Additional Downloads" section. But that's just my take, perhaps
> Bruce and others have comment as well.

I think the 'Package Information' section would be more appropriate,
personally, perhaps with a title like "Wget download list-file"...

...I also think it's a bit redundant having the same 'md5sum' link on
every page. The ideal would be to split it into categories, & then each
md5sum-file could be saved at the same time as the sources & used with
the '-c' option to check the downloaded files en masse. I'm building
Xorg-7.2 at the moment, & even if i was strictly adherring to the book &
scripting each section, that 'md5sum -c' option would still spew out
loads of annoying errors. As it is, i'm manually checking each package's
md5sum as i go, because i'm building them selectively, one at a time
(i'm including xcb to see how the updates go...).

Just my opinion,

taipan