A few notes on the book

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Jul 11 11:21:33 PDT 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>> OK.
>
> There is an inherent (documented in LFS Section 5.1) assumption made for
> every package that the instructions given assume that you have done:
>
> tar -xf <package-tarball>
> cd <package-root>
>
> Your first suggestion would be a good approach, but the second is a
> deviation form the norm.  I would recommend the first alternative.
>
>   -- Bruce

True, but the 2nd approach is what's used in BLFS for the PAM and Zsh
instructions (and a couple more I think, but I'll have to
double-check...), and also in LFS with Vim.

And one more little thing...Tcsh instructions say that the "colorls"
patch is needed for "Coreutils 6.7" but development LFS uses Coreutils 6.9.