D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 10:02:00 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Jens Stroebel <drifter at bcsoft.de> wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the combination of
>
> dbus-1.0.2
> dbus-qt3-0.62
> dbus-glib-0.74
> hal-0.5.9
> qt-3.3.8
>
> builds fine and works with regards to KDE being able to offer device
> icons for appearingUSB sticks/CDs ....

Great. If you wouldn't mind, could you see if you can swap out
dbus-qt3-0.62 for the one on the dbus-bindings page?

http://people.freedesktop.org/~krake/dbus-1-qt3/dbus-1-qt3-0.7.tar.gz

It would require you to rebuild kdebase to test it. When I tried
before, kdebase didn't like those bindings, which is why I rolled that
0.62 snapshot.

> I have to admit that we are KDE only at the moment, so I can't say
> anything about the usability of the glib-bindings as we don't use them
> (needed for the hal-compile, though).

Don't worry about that. I'm pretty sure Randy and I have both used the
dbus-glib bindings pretty hard through GNOME.

--
Dan