D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Tue Jul 10 09:36:08 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
	[...snip...]

> Yes, they're still needed, we just haven't gotten that far yet. If
> you'd like to be the guinea pig, please see this post from a couple
> months ago when I was investigating this.
	[...]
> If you use KDE with the HAL backend, I'd appreciate if you could test this out.

As far as I can tell, the combination of

dbus-1.0.2
dbus-qt3-0.62
dbus-glib-0.74
hal-0.5.9
qt-3.3.8

builds fine and works with regards to KDE being able to offer device
icons for appearingUSB sticks/CDs ....
I have to admit that we are KDE only at the moment, so I can't say
anything about the usability of the glib-bindings as we don't use them
(needed for the hal-compile, though).

		greets,
		   jens
drifter at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion