D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 06:24:09 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I've also put a note on both packages that this combination has not yet
> been tested by the BLFS team. I will be testing it shortly, but wanted
> to clarify the book first.

A while back I checked what would build, and the tarball from the dbus
bindings page didn't even get me to build kdebase against hal/dbus. I
made my own snapshot, and that at least got things to link. I never
tested it, though.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-April/017025.html
http://people.freedesktop.org/~krake/dbus-1-qt3/dbus-1-qt3-0.7.tar.gz
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/downloads/dbus-qt3-0.62.tar.gz

So, you may want to check out both those bindings packages if you find
the one on freedesktop.org doesn't work.

--
Dan