D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 10 06:20:55 PDT 2007

Jens Stroebel wrote these words on 07/10/07 07:40 CST:

> Just a question regarding dbus<->hal<->KDE interaction; I have the right
> impression when I think it's still nescessary to use the dbus-0.69 qt
> bindings if one wants the KDE desktop to show device icons when e.g. an
> USB stick is plugged in, right?

I don't know anything about the dbus-0.69 qt bindings. In fact, I was
doing the updates to packages that list HAL as a dependency (did the
D-Bus dependencies yesterday) when you sent this message.

For KDE (and K3b) I've included in the HAL dependency a note saying the
Qt3 bindings are required, and I list the D-Bus bindings page where one
can find the backported Qt4 bindings.

I've also put a note on both packages that this combination has not yet
been tested by the BLFS team. I will be testing it shortly, but wanted
to clarify the book first.

So, to answer your question, I don't have a clue what will work and
what will not work. Any help, advice or critique would be appreciated.

--
Randy

08:16:00 up 12 days, 6:07, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.01