D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 06:17:25 PDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Jens Stroebel <drifter at bcsoft.de> wrote:

> Just a question regarding dbus<->hal<->KDE interaction; I have the right
> impression when I think it's still nescessary to use the dbus-0.69 qt
> bindings if one wants the KDE desktop to show device icons when e.g. an
> USB stick is plugged in, right?

Yes, they're still needed, we just haven't gotten that far yet. If
you'd like to be the guinea pig, please see this post from a couple
months ago when I was investigating this.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-April/017025.html

The shapshot I created is here:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~dnicholson/downloads/dbus-qt3-0.62.tar.gz

If you use KDE with the HAL backend, I'd appreciate if you could test this out.

--
Dan