D-Bus/HAL + KDE?

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Tue Jul 10 05:40:06 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 7/9/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>>> Sure. I'll post it here for you to make comments when I have it in
>>> working order again.
>> Instead, you may want to just update the book and we'll work from
>> there. :-)
>
> Randy, this is just a warning that I tore out the hal requirements
> section from d-bus and the mention of it on the hal page. This is
> because it will just be replaced with dependencies on dbus-glib and
> optional dbus-python for hal-device-manager, which I'll note. It just
> didn't seem worth it to keep the all that text in sync when it would
> go away after the rest of the bindings get in.

		Hello.

Just a question regarding dbus<->hal<->KDE interaction; I have the right
impression when I think it's still nescessary to use the dbus-0.69 qt
bindings if one wants the KDE desktop to show device icons when e.g. an
USB stick is plugged in, right?

I have the impression that while the readers of this list are able to
get at that info, it's not stated in the book anywhere, it seems...
Or have I overlooked it somewhere?

		greets,
		  jens
drifter at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java
do thoughts acquire speed,  hands acquire shaking,  the shaking
becomes a warning, By caffeine alone do I set my mind in motion