D-Bus/HAL

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:31:23 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > Sure. I'll post it here for you to make comments when I have it in
> > working order again.
>
> Instead, you may want to just update the book and we'll work from
> there. :-)

Randy, this is just a warning that I tore out the hal requirements
section from d-bus and the mention of it on the hal page. This is
because it will just be replaced with dependencies on dbus-glib and
optional dbus-python for hal-device-manager, which I'll note. It just
didn't seem worth it to keep the all that text in sync when it would
go away after the rest of the bindings get in.

> Don't forget in the bootscript that we need to run the uuidgen (or
> whatever it is) program to populate the id file.

Got it.

--
Dan