D-Bus/HAL

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:34:34 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I went back and reviewed our old thread about D-Bus/HAL and forgot
> that you had already created the D-Bus-1.0.2 page and modified bootscript.
>
> Would you care to update the D-Bus page? The one you made (it is still
> available) looks good to me. If so, I'll start working on the separate
> packages that list D-Bus as a dependency and sort out which ones just
> need D-Bus itself (such as CUPS), and which ones need one or more
> bindings.

Yeah, I found my patch. I'll start massaging it into current form.
I'll try to get that in in the next few days so things don't get too
broken. The core vs. bindings dependencies could take some iterations.
You can start making changes on that.

> Oh yeah, you may want to include a short sentence in the opening paragraph
> of the new D-Bus instructions that mentions that there is a separate page
> now for the bindings.

Sure. I'll post it here for you to make comments when I have it in
working order again.

--
Dan