Video via web browsers

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 06:15:25 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Joe Ciccone <jciccone at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using the totem with the xine backend on x86 and the gstreamer
> backend on x86_64. The gstreamer doesn't seem to have support for a
> large number of video codecs right now. There is a plugin that is
> supposed to beable to use the mplayer codec files with gsteramer, but I
> had no luck with it. Atleast with the xine backend you're still able to
> use all of those codecs.

Right. I assume what you're talking about is pitfdll for gstreamer.
Another spot to get more video codecs that cover proprietary formats
is fluendo. You actually have to pay for the codecs, though. But they
should be high quality since many of the people that work at fluendo
are the gstreamer developers.

https://shop.fluendo.com/

--
Dan