XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Jul 9 00:06:36 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> OK, below is what I will push in tomorrow if no one complains.

This is certainly good as a base, and fixes can be made on top of that.

> +    <para>The <application>libpthread-stubs</application> package provides
> +    weak aliases for pthread functions not provided in libc or otherwise
> +    available by default. This is useful for libraries that rely on pthread
> +    stubs to use pthreads optionally.</para>

This package does not provide any weak aliases on Linux systems, because
everything is available by default. The only installed file is
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/pthread-stubs.pc.

> +    <itemizedlist spacing="compact">
> +      <listitem>
> +        <para>Required patch to workaround X11 locking bugs: <ulink
> +        url="&patch-root;/libxcb-&libxcb-version;-sloppy_lock-1.patch"/></para>
> +      </listitem>
> +    </itemizedlist>

The key phrase "in other applications" and the description of the
environment variable (with the suggestion to add it to /etc/profile.d as
soon as one of the two assertions are triggered) is missing.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov