XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 17:12:02 PDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Dan Nicholson <dbn.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/2/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> > Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
> > >  848b80f77b20ae1fa5c882bbfa531ebc  libX11-1.1.1.tar.bz2
> >
> > This contains a known idle-spin bug when compiled against XCB:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=415541 - and note that this
> > is not a locking bug that can be worked around with -DNDEBUG.
> >
> > Also you have libXi-1.0.2. While this will work with -DNDEBUG, I don't
> > recommend this version.
>
> Well, why don't I work on the 7.2 updates first? libX11-1.0.2 needs a
> patch, right? Looks like you've got it on the livecd.
>
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/browser/trunk/packages/Xorg-lib/libX11-1.1.2-bug11222-1.patch

OK. I've pushed in the Xorg-7.2 patchlevel updates. I added the two
upstream fixes since libX11-1.1.2. There were two exceptions to the
rule. xsetpointer-1.0.1 requires inputproto-1.4, which is scheduled
for Xorg-7.3, so it was left out. Also, libXfont-1.2.9 was left out
because the developer quickly realized it should be 1.3.0 and made a
new release. We'll get this in Xorg-7.3.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2007-July/000316.html

I'll note these in #2225 so they don't go away.

Next is XCB. I'll be adding the distro patch which supplies an
environment variable to workaround locking errors in applications.
Holler if you don't want this approach. Alexander describes it here:

http://linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-dev/2007-July/017331.html

--
Dan