Video via web browsers

taipan67 sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 8 07:59:42 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 07/07/07 17:51 CST:
>

>> I am curious what others are using to view videos via their web browsers.
>>

> I use the mplayer plugin, without problems, but it has been some time
> since I built a fresh GUI desktop using it. The last known working
> versions for me are:
>
> Firefox-1.5.0.3
> MPlayer-1.0pre7try2
> mplayerplug-in-3.20
>
> HTH

I'm using the same versions as Randy (on Gentoo though, not on BLFS
yet...) without any problems, but i do recall noticing that
'about:plugins' will tend to list ALL formats as supported, regardless
of what mplayer was built to support - so are your problems related to
any particular video formats, & if so, does your mplayer-build support
them..?

taipan