XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

anirudh vij anirudhvij at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 01:01:55 PDT 2007

hi

On 7/3/07, taipan67 <sysadm.taipan67 at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> > ...the existing Xorg-7.2 instructions should not be used, for reasons
> > unrelated to XCB. E.g., accelerated indirect rendering (AIGLX, needed
> for
> > beryl and compiz) won't work, because Mesa and Xorg disagree on the
> location
> > of DRI drivers...
> >

> Apologies for deviating from the thread-topic, Alexander, but as someone
> who's interested in installing Beryl, the above passage has me a bit
> confused. The instructions in the development book for MesaLib-6.5.2 &
> Xorg-Server-1.2.0 appear to use configuration switches to correlate the
> location of the drivers between the two. If that is incorrect or
> insufficient to get a working AIGLX-capable server, are there other or
> alternate steps that need to be taken?
>
> Thanks in advance, taipan
>
> --

Sorry for deviating from the thread,but i have successfully compiled beryl
on a BLFS system.
I had to increase the  videoram in xorg.conf,but otherwise all worked
well.My video card is an Intel integrated graphics card,so no idea on other
cards.
btw beryl works fine on my system with gnome and xfce ,but sometimes causes
hangups with kde.