New book validation procedure?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:53:55 PDT 2007

On 7/7/07, M.Canales.es <macana at macana-es.com> wrote:

>  .-About how to handle temp files:  remove it by default, addig a Makefile
> switch to not delete it. That meant that a editor must rebuild at least three
> times the book (normal render, render not deleting that temp files, and
> render toi be sure that the issue is fixed) if some warning is output
>
>  .- About where to place they: to keep they in /tmp or add a $(TMP) envar
> defaulted to /tmp, $HOME/tmp, or $(BUILDDIR)

Thinking about this a little more, I believe there should be a
separate directory not in /tmp. These aren't exactly scratch files.
blfs-html.xml and blfs-full.xml are meant to be accessed by multiple
targets. Things that go in /tmp should be created and cleaned up right
away. How about:

RENDERDIR = $(HOME)/blfs-render

createdir:
    $(Q)[ -d $(RENDERDIR) ] || mkdir -p $(RENDERDIR)

clean:
    @echo "Cleaning up..."
    $(Q)rm -rf $(RENDERDIR)

validxml: createdir