hal installation instructions: /var/cache/hald ?

Jens Stroebel drifter at bcsoft.de
Wed Jul 4 05:00:15 PDT 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:
		[...snip...]
> This is odd. Note the following from my hal-0.5.9 installation log:
>
> =======================================
> /bin/mkdir -p /var/run/hald
> chown hal:hal /var/run/hald
> chmod 0755 /var/run/hald
> /bin/mkdir -p /var/run/hald/hald-local
> /bin/mkdir -p /var/run/hald/hald-runner
> /bin/mkdir -p /var/cache/hald
> chown hal:hal /var/cache/hald

Yes, I found it (in a way) in my installation logs, too.
But I am one of these evil, package-building persons ;-), so I use
DESTDIR builds wherever possible. It seems that bit me again, as my
package build didn't package the dir as well as didn't complain about
unpackaged  files (which is true as it is not a file but a dir ... oh yes..)

> I can't explain why the directory didn't get created for you.

See above; sorry for the noise, my fault.

		greets,
		   jens
drifter at bcsoft.de
			23.....56.......drifting