XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Joe Ciccone jciccone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:45:26 PDT 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:

> Has anyone actually built a system with Xorg in /opt and with no deviations
> from the book in packages (at least Qt and links) that use it? If not, I
> would have to say that /usr is the only supportable prefix and that we
> should remove the $XORG_PREFIX variable, because it only creates an illusion
> of choice.

I've built a VERY complete system, I included every package I could find
(almost 700 packages excluding xorg) on a multilib system against xorg
7.2 in /usr/X11R7.2 with no symlinks elsewhere. Not even /usr/lib/X11 or
/usr/include/X11. Looking at what I did, here's a few packages that I
substitute /usr/X11R6 for my prefix. I only included what's relevant to
blfs. This is a very small list considering the number of packages I did
install.

Qt3
LessTIF
xorg-cf-files