XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Tue Jul 3 09:07:03 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Hope that sums things up.

Yes, thats a good summary.

> You have an opinion on the matter? Keep in
> mind that those last patches that Alexander pointed to are a separate
> issue that will be addressed soon. Using the libX11 in the book right
> now should be fine.

They are not exactly a separate issue. My point was that neither myself nor
Dan made a proper job on eliminating XCB-related assertions from Xorg
libraries (I am not talking about external applications). My own personal
opinion is that the Xorg team suggestion to use XCB with Xorg-7.2 is a bit
irresponsible in this situation.

If the only problem were external applications, I would not oppose XCB
inclusion that much.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov