XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 3 05:21:12 PDT 2007

Alexander E. Patrakov wrote these words on 07/02/07 09:46 CST:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
>
> Also please make it clear that this is a workaround and that the bugs are
> not in libxcb, but in applications.
>
>> Well, why don't I work on the 7.2 updates first? libX11-1.0.2 needs a
>> patch, right?
>
> Yes. AFAIK, this and
> http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/lib/libX11.git;a=commitdiff;h=c2f88cdf5cd9c94b77e5bfdac572b5ac06ab4aa8
> are the only known brown paper bag bugs in this version.

I'm trying to follow this thread, but I'm a bit confused as to what
exactly is broken. Is the bottom line that the BLFS instructions for
installing Xorg-7.2 are broken and shouldn't be used?

Or is eliminating libxcb a solution that works and has no affect on
other packages down the road?

I'm asking because on the Xorg site, it says that libxcb is now an
official part of Xorg-7.2, but we aren't installing it.

Can anyone install applicable patches to
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/xorg/ that should
be used in a BLFS installation with libxcb and one to fix the other
bug Alex is speaking of? Is there such patches available already?

Sorry for my ignorance about this, but I would like to get a 7.2
installation completed so I can test my GNOME instructions.

Thanks.

--
Randy

07:13:00 up 5 days, 5:04, 1 user, load average: 0.05, 0.09, 0.08