XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 07:33:09 PDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
> Dan Nicholson wrote:
> > I think we should just push in XCB, but disable the assertions since I
> > don't think we can track down all these issues yet. Attached patch is
> > what I'm sitting on + CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG for libxcb. What do you guys
> > think?
>
> You'll get bashed by Xorg developers if you do this. Without XCB, we can at
> least pretend that we are just lazy.

I think it was the XCB developers to be exact, but same difference. I
understand their argument, but the alternative isn't much better. I
just read that Skype has the same locking issues. What would I do in
that case? Even if I could convince the Skype people there was a bug,
I'd have to wait until they made another release. And who knows when
that would be.

> >  848b80f77b20ae1fa5c882bbfa531ebc  libX11-1.1.1.tar.bz2
>
> This contains a known idle-spin bug when compiled against XCB:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=415541 - and note that this
> is not a locking bug that can be worked around with -DNDEBUG.
>
> Also you have libXi-1.0.2. While this will work with -DNDEBUG, I don't
> recommend this version.

Well, why don't I work on the 7.2 updates first? libX11-1.0.2 needs a
patch, right? Looks like you've got it on the livecd.

http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/livecd/browser/trunk/packages/Xorg-lib/libX11-1.1.2-bug11222-1.patch

--
Dan