XOrg-7.2 - libXcb

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Mon Jul 2 07:15:44 PDT 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> I think we should just push in XCB, but disable the assertions since I
> don't think we can track down all these issues yet. Attached patch is
> what I'm sitting on + CPPFLAGS=-DNDEBUG for libxcb. What do you guys
> think?

You'll get bashed by Xorg developers if you do this. Without XCB, we can at
least pretend that we are just lazy.

>  848b80f77b20ae1fa5c882bbfa531ebc  libX11-1.1.1.tar.bz2

This contains a known idle-spin bug when compiled against XCB:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=415541 - and note that this
is not a locking bug that can be worked around with -DNDEBUG.

Also you have libXi-1.0.2. While this will work with -DNDEBUG, I don't
recommend this version.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov