Xorg-7.3 and BLFS-6.3?

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Dec 30 11:18:24 PST 2007

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Ken is pretty much right on, but I'll add my thoughts.
>
> Right when 7.3 was released, I thought about pushing it into BLFS (I
> even have the wget/md5sum files basically completed). But, I've been
> following xorg a lot closer in recent months, and 7.3 was not the best
> release. Input hotplugging landed and brought a ton of new bugs with
> it. Also, there's a lot more RandR-1.2 usage in the server and
> drivers, which has new, subtle bugs.

Here is a quick patch for those who want to move forward and need xprint
or dmx extensions.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2007-September/027935.html

BLFS will have to wait for 1.4.1 IMO.  I'm not sure if this affects
1.4.0.90.  I also had build failures in video-glint and video-wsfb,
which I do not need.  Otherwise, there were no major changes besides all
the ver +0.0.1 input drivers all the newest .0.0.1 video drivers + intel
0.1 and libpciaccess (accounting for the newer video drivers used) and
pixman.  I'm building most in non-standard paths so I can rip it all out
easily when xorg-server-1.4.1 is released.  I'll put the wgets I used in
my homedir if anybody want's to take a stab at it.  Now, flying by the
seat of my pants,  I'm off to try and figure out the old
compiz/berly/xgl stuff and see if it all still applies.  :-)

-- DJ Lucas