Problem with Qt patch

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Wed Dec 26 17:33:31 PST 2007

Randy McMurchy wrote:

> Thanks, Chris. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Linux box
> right now. However, last time I applied the patch I received a
> message that the process 'stripped' the CRLF from the patch file
> and it applied.
>
> How odd. I wonder if there is a difference in the patch program
> (updated version or whatever) or something else that makes it
> work for me, yet fail for you?
>
> I'll check it out further when I can. Thanks again, Chris.

Ahh, looks like you're right. I'm using the patch version in CLFS
(2.5.9). I just compiled patch 2.5.4 and tried it, and the patch did
apply with the message you described...

chris at chris:~/qt-x11-free-3.3.8$ ~/patch-2.5.4/patch -Np0 -i
../Qt-3.3.8-UTF-8-fix.diff
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file src/codecs/qutfcodec.cpp
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file src/tools/qstring.cpp

I suppose this is just a case of not following the book exactly, though
I don't remember seeing any issues with the later patch version before.
Sorry if I just caused a bunch of noise on the lists...