dhcpcd not killed

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Aug 19 21:56:36 PDT 2007

DJ Lucas wrote:
> David Olsson wrote:
>
>> This got lost, I think.  So here it is again.
>>
>> On my BLFS 6.2 system, the SysVinit script
>>
>>     /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop
>>
>> does not kill dhcpcd.  Tracing it to the script
>>
>>     /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/services/dhcpcd
>>
>> it turns out that if the dhcp lease time is infinite, the script believes that dhcpcd exited after startup.  Such is not the case, and I don't see in the dhcpcd docs that it should be true.  Is anyone familiar with these scripts?  The question is, shall we eliminate the check for infinite lease time, and kill the running dhcpcd.
>>

> No...have to account for multiple interfaces.  Also, this was the case,
> it did exit at one time...I verified that it worked when the change was
> made to the scripts...I almost always use RL1 to test service scripts.

Okay, my fuzzy memory sucks!  The original analysis by David was
correct.  Please ignore what I wrote about multiple interfaces in my
for dhcpcd.  dhcpcd does create multiple instances...so sending TERM is
fine if DHCP_STOP is null, just set PIDFILE to
/var/run/dhcpcd-$INTERFACE.pid.  And yes, the check for infinite lease
should go away since version 3, I guess...no mention of it in the changelog.

-- DJ Lucas