Thanks to devs

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 16 19:28:32 PDT 2007

Mike Lynch wrote these words on 08/16/07 21:06 CST:

> I agree, configuring it for high security SNMPv3 with ACL's is not trivial.  I could
> probably provide some configurations for SNMPv1 that, while they wouldn't be
> appropriate for high security installations, would at least make it work enough
> to be able to see that it does, in fact, work.  Would that do or were you looking for
> more sophisticated configuration?

I'm looking for anything that could be used by the average person
wanting to use SNMP for what it was intended to be used for.

I realize that the previous paragraph is vague, so anything you
could provide that would *work*, I would test and put in the
book if it provides the capability that SNMP should provide.

We can work off-line if necessary, to work out the details.
Also, we should probably keep the discussion at BLFS-Dev, as
this is far beyond LFS.

Mike, thanks for your interest, and I hope to see you write
in some additional info to keep this subject alive.

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.27] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]