Note! Caution! Warning!

Steven hairpinblue at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 12:08:55 PDT 2007

On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 19:15:12 -0700, Craig Jackson wrote:

> From my perspective it seems just about right.  It seems like it is
> just about the same amount as you would find in your average programming
> language training book.  If this is not what we are going for, then I

I've also noticed the increase usage of note/caution/warning in
programming language books.  It has reached the point where the
admonitions aren't really admonitions anymore.  They've become a prose
implementation of code commenting.

I think they're overused.  You are correct that overuse of these comments
to code written in the prose language variant has become the standard.