[Fwd: Re: rxvt-unicode.]

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:28:00 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, at 03:57 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> > +    <para>The <application>rxvt-unicode</application> application, can also run in
> > +    a daemon mode, which make possible to open multiple terminal windows within the
> > +    same process. The <command>urxvtc</command> client connects then to
>
> Remove the first comma in the first sentence. Then:
>
> s/which make/which makes it/
>
> Additionally, you can probably remove the whole last sentence as
> that information is implied in the previous sentence about the
> daemon. Your call.

I would prefer to leave it there, as it is important for the reader to
understand how the daemon system works.

> > +   <note>
> > +    <para>Use that option with caution. If the daemon crashes, all the
> > +    running processes in the terminal windows are terminated.</para>
> > +   </note>
>
> I am getting to where I use fewer and fewer of the note/warning/caution
> boxes. They do draw attention, however, the readers shouldn't need a gaudy
> box so that they will read something. Again, your call.

Ah, this is critical information. I read it in my first patch (with the
emphasis tags), and I wasn't satisfied. It looks better to me with the
note tags. I would prefer to leave it that way if you don't mind.

> > +    <para>
> > +    You can start the <command>urxvtd</command> daemon in your system or
>
> How do you know the reader will be working on his own system? :-)
>
> s/your/the/

This catch deserves a smile. :-)

> BTW, ag, this is very good work!

And you are my hero, I applied all your fixes.

Many many thanks,

Oh, the power of the community! I hope it to stay that way.

Actually it seems like a good idea now that I am thinking about it.
To do the preliminary work in -dev, and then to commit it.
I think I will follow that way, if you -all- don't mind. :)

--
http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/wiki/Hacking