rxvt-unicode.

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 2 13:54:02 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 10:51:56PM +0300, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, at 08:11 Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > URxvt.faceSize:	12
> > URxvt.font:	xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:autohint=true, \
> > 		xft:FreeMono:autohint=true, \
> > 		-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--20-140-100-100-n-110-iso10646-1
> >

> Yes, I also use the DejaVu family and I am quite satisfied.
> I noticed that you defined 3 fonts here. That means that, it falls back to the
> next if doesn't find the first/second one?

 Yes.  But a quick piece of testing shows that 'Monospace' is the
magic name for getting whatever is available from TTFs.  Thanks for
that!

 I suppose I misled myself earlier by trying to use Luxi Mono as a
preference - Monospace is finding pretty much everything in my test
data except some of the arabic glyphs, must be I don't have them in
mono.  With a more recent Freefont it all looks a lot better
(unfortunately, I had to build fontforge to create the TTFs but now
they're in a tarball).

ĸen