rxvt-unicode.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:27:19 PDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas <a.hatzim at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a patch (attached) to include the rxvt-unicode (urxvt)
> terminal emulator into the Book.
>
> I was tried to resemble, as possible, the xterm page, since both
> packages are similar.

It looks good to me, but there's a small problem when writing the
pages for X applications/libraries. For xterm, it's specifically
stated to only build it for Xorg (since XFree86 ships an xterm). That
makes some descriptions easier since you don't have consider both.
However, you could build rxvt on both.

The dependency should probably be <xref linkend="x-window-system"/>.
Also, the app-defaults directory is not necessarily
$XORG_PREFIX/share/X11/app-defaults. Fortunately, we make a symlink
from /etc/X11/app-defaults (also, libXt has a long search path that
would go there anyway). So, I'd suggest using /etc/X11/app-defaults to
try to make it generic to either X implementation.

--
Dan