rxvt-unicode.

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 2 12:11:54 PDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:09:50PM +0300, Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:

> I did this because, jugging from the past, the author constantly
> adds major features between the releases and quite? often brake things
> (so new versions needs some testing first); and since the terminal is
> quite critical for the daily activities, I chose 8.2 because it proved
> stable enough.
> I am using this version for 5 months and I didn't noticed any serious
> problems, so I would like 8.2 to be the version, that will ship with the
> upcoming 6.3 blfs release.

 I would welcome more people using to this, and 8.2 has been fine for
me.

 I do, however, think that maybe I should mention that configuring
the font(s) correctly can be an exercise in frustration, particularly
if your preferred font lacks a lot of glyphs.  In the spirit of "use
a few more fonts" here is what I used to have in .Xresources -
nowadays I don't build the courier, I've only got minimal old fonts
so that xclock and xcalc will work.  These settings are for a large
monitor.

URxvt.faceSize:	12
URxvt.font:	xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:autohint=true, \
		xft:FreeMono:autohint=true, \
		-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--20-140-100-100-n-110-iso10646-1

 The one real failing of urxvt is that it can't find obscure glyphs
in TT fonts unless it is told about the font containing them.

ĸen