Optional editline dependencies.

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 1 08:07:50 PDT 2007

Ag. D. Hatzimanikas wrote:

> I believe the best thing we can do now is to comment out the
> dependency, and leave it for the next release when we will have enough
> time to test it in a more thoroughly way.
>
> Randy?
> Your call.

Well, I don't think it will be that hard to test out. It either
does, or does not interfere with Readline. Meaning that if the
libedit libraries and headers have different names than the
Readline ones, it would be easy to test for brokeness by simply
installing libedit and checking readline functionality on a
couple of packages.

Let's leave it in the book for now, but please make a Trac entry
with a high priority. That way it will be tested and left in the
book for the 6.3 release, or it will be shown as a conflict and
we'll need to make notes, or remove it, depending on the severity
of the conflict.

Sound okay to everyone?

--
Randy