Optional editline dependencies [Was Re: r6993 - in trunk/BOOK: . introduction/welcome postlfs/shells]

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Aug 1 06:23:28 PDT 2007

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I think the policy of omitting editline is valid, but if we do decide to
> add it as optional dependencies, we should also add a caution that in
> some cases editline conflicts with readline (which is installed in LFS).

I would prefer if we don't list libedit as a dependency. libedit
is really designed for BSD systems. And as has been mentioned
elsewhere, breaks other packages (some of them very badly).

We've had this discussion, and it was determined that the best
thing to do was simply not list libedit as a dependency.

--
Randy