BLFS Project

Jeremy Huntwork jhuntwork at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 23 11:53:21 PST 2006

Matthew Burgess wrote:
> I also have privs.  However, I don't have any monitoring daemons
> available.  I know nagios used to run and provide reports to system
> admins, but I've not seen any recently.  I think it only monitored http
> and smtp.  If I notice any services are down (usually limited to http
> and imapd/smtpd), I'll usually try and get them started myself, unless I
> know of anyone else doing some admin work in that area.

I replied to this thread earlier and my message (due to constraints on
my work network) was routed through my gmail account - anyway, my
message was rejected by someone with moderator privs, and no reason was
given as to why it was rejected and not accepted.

All I wanted to say was that I also still have privs and like Matt try
to help as I notice something is down. Also, like Dan, I'm willing to
wait and see what happens with Gerard this weekend. If no further
progress is made with the new server, then I have a few suggestions I'd
like to discuss.

--
JH