BLFS Project

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 22 11:14:21 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 11/20/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>>
>> If there is someone with appropriate rights that can monitor
>> Belgarath and restart services as they crash (and perhaps kill
>> all the services that we *really* don't need), perhaps we could
>> get some contribution going.
>
> Bruce. Maybe he can give someone else some privileges.

I also have privs.  However, I don't have any monitoring daemons
available.  I know nagios used to run and provide reports to system
admins, but I've not seen any recently.  I think it only monitored http
and smtp.  If I notice any services are down (usually limited to http
and imapd/smtpd), I'll usually try and get them started myself, unless I
know of anyone else doing some admin work in that area.

Regards,

Matt.