BLFS Project

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 06:59:11 PST 2006

On 11/20/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> I know I'm guilty as much as anyone for lack of contribution
> recently, though I *have* tried a couple of times to get
> something done, but Belgarath ended up being down, or I could
> not send mail, or whatever. I don't believe this Belgarath
> upgrade is going to happen, and the project is completely
> dying because of it.

FWIW, Gerard targetted the Thanksgiving weekend as the time when he
would finish the server upgrade. So, I'd wait until next week before
counting it out completely.

> If there is someone with appropriate rights that can monitor
> Belgarath and restart services as they crash (and perhaps kill
> all the services that we *really* don't need), perhaps we could
> get some contribution going.

Bruce. Maybe he can give someone else some privileges.

> If we can somehow get a server established that will provide
> a reliable working platform, is there anyone who is willing
> to help me get BLFS 6.2.0 (or whatever we name it) out the
> door?

Count me in. I've been spending a lot of time on another project, but
I think that's clearing up now. I should be able to devote a lot more
of my free time to BLFS. Right after I go out of town until Sunday.
I'll be checking email, but I wouldn't expect to see any committing on
my part until next week.

--
Dan