locales, nls - supportable or not?

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Sat Nov 18 20:41:19 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On 11/18/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:
>> Didn't work for input or for output? Please paste your
>> /etc/sysconfig/console and $LANG, and let me see if anything is wrong.
>
> Here's what I was using before I commented it out:
>
> #FONT="lat1-16 -m 8859-1"
> #UNICODE="yes"
>
> With LANG=en_US.UTF-8.
Well, with UTF-8 in $LANG, you _must_ have UNICODE="yes" in
/etc/sysconfig/console. So there was nothing wrong in your console file
except the font itself - it simply doesn't contain the Euro character.
Please change it to lat0-16 (ir you care only about Euro) or
LatArCyrHeb-16 (if you want more characters).

You can see all characters in a console font with a "showconsolefont"
command.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov