X Configuration/ KDE Issues

Alex Merry alexander.merry at ccc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Dec 21 08:26:26 PST 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 22:45, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Bruce Dubbs wrote these words on 12/20/06 16:30 CST:
> > I'd like to know other opinions about pursuing a KDE update right
> > now.
>
> I think it would be nice to do the KDE update, but it is a lot
> of work, and a couple of months after BLFS-6.2.0 is released, KDE
> will probably be lagging again.

Well, KDE aren't intending to release 3.6 - they want to go straight to
4.  There is a feature-freeze on KDE 3, apart from features
specifically listed at
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.5-features.html.
Other than that, it's just bug fixes.

It might be worth waiting until the end of January to update KDE,
however, as 3.5.6 is due out on the 23rd of Jan.

Alex :-)

--
Pippin
Computer Monkey to the Pelican