X Configuration

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Dec 21 01:32:06 PST 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> I'm not proposing a major addition to the book in any of the above
> areas, but would like to consider a paragraph or two for each, possibly
> with links to more information.
>
> What do y'all think?  Do you have any suggested topics or reasons for
> leaving something out?  Any suggested wording?
>
>   -- Bruce

Mainly that sound's like Wiki material to me... But there is one other
thing I'd like to add to your list:

A decent description of each and every single package that goes into the
xorg release... I know it is a lot of work, but it doesn't have to
happen all at once. Maybe a place holder in the Wiki and let everyone
add their findings as and when... Currently I use the educated guess
method about what to leave out and what to build. There really isn't
that much information easily accessible on this and it would be a
valuable resource; IMHO of course.

Alan