X Configuration/ KDE Issues

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 20:04:05 PST 2006

On 12/20/06, Alexander E. Patrakov <patrakov at ums.usu.ru> wrote:

> There is one more AIGLX configuration issue that I want to mention: never
> load the GLcore module. See http://bugs.debian.org/394716 for the details.

Good point. I've read on the xorg list that you should never load
GLcore yourself. GLcore is supposed to work as a submodule to glx.
When you load glx, it will first try the a dri module (if you enabled
dri) and fallback to the full software GL client GLcore when
necessary. At that time it will load the GLcore module.

So, maybe there should just be a note in the DRI section that says,
"Never load GLcore directly."

--
Dan