X Configuration/ KDE Issues

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at ums.usu.ru
Wed Dec 20 19:50:16 PST 2006

Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> My question is whether we should put either (or both) of these issues in
> the book?  The xorg.conf sections could be placed into  "Additional X
> Window System Configuration".  The acpid issue could be mentioned in the
> same section or a new (rather small) page put in the book.

For acpid - AFAIK, this is only a warning. So OK if you also put the warning
text that you see, or describe the additional functionality (in terms of
visble effects on your monitor) that is not present in Xorg without acpid.

For the composite extension - this is a trivial configuration option, best
described by mentioning it, and also documenting the need for a "composite
manager" application that uses it (examples: xfwm4, kwin). Some speedup
tricks (such as using EXA instead of XAA on Radeon-class cards) would also
be nice.

There is one more AIGLX configuration issue that I want to mention: never
load the GLcore module. See http://bugs.debian.org/394716 for the details.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov