X Configuration/ KDE Issues

Alan Lord lord_alan at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Dec 20 15:41:52 PST 2006

Dan Nicholson wrote:
> I think that'd be nice to have. I think KDE can do some cool stuff
> with Composite. We might want to mention xcompmgr, too. Some day I'm
> going to work on getting real compositing with compiz over AIGLX or
> XGL in the book.

I have xorg 7.1.99 (or there abouts!) running very happily with Beryl
(The compiz fork with more activity). I use the Nvidia binary so have no
need for XGL or AIGLX. It works a treat and makes Vista look pretty dated!

I recently wrote a brief howto on the lfs-general(on gmaine: used to be
known as lfs-chat) list if you are interested.

Al

PS - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all {X}LFS contributors. This
is a great project and I hope that with the new server things might
start to help liven things up a bit again!!!!

Al