cleanlinks (Imake).

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:21:41 PST 2006

On 12/19/06, Ag. Hatzimanikas <a.hatzim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, at 06:59 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> > Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote these words on 12/19/06 18:56 CST:
> > >
> > > cleanlinks is a small script which checks for dangling symbolic
> > > links and empty directories (and removes them if finds any),that
> > > is get installed by Imake.
> >
> > Pardon my ignorance, but how does this pertain to the development of
> > the BLFS book? I am totally unfamiliar with "cleanlinks".
> >

> It belongs to the Imake package and should be present in your system (I believe).
>
> which cleanlinks

Patch would be good since this is part of all the X's. For modular,
I'd prefer if we clean out cruft like Imake and xorg-cf-files. They
are of no use once you're out of the monolithic build. But that's
probably for another day (roughly half the apps are useless, too).

I'm just hammering through Xorg-7.1 again, and I'm finding that all
the autotools niggles are gone. The modular build is actually pretty
decent. Almost all the hacky sed's can be dropped.

--
Dan