cleanlinks (Imake).

Ag. Hatzimanikas a.hatzim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:33:37 PST 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, at 07:19 Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Ag. Hatzimanikas wrote these words on 12/19/06 18:56 CST:
> >
> > Anyway the script
> > a.it's not safe (don't try to do cleanlinks --help,if you are in a dir
> > with some symbolic links to directories)
>
> This one is hard to swallow. Using unsupported syntax on *any* program
> can result in unexpected results. Why would anyone assume that --help
> should/can be used.

Sorry but I am strongly disagree.

This script *remove*
a.symbolic links (even if thy are point to files which are not exist)
b.empty dirs (which for some reason someone may have to keep there
empty)

For such functionality I would expect at least one option,a simple check for
confirmation.

> Me, I always try to use a man page first. 'man cleanlinks' tells me
> everything I need to know (which is don't use --help as an argument).
>
> :-)

You are not the only one by the way.