GSView

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:06:11 PST 2006

On 12/7/06, Randy McMurchy <randy at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> There is a ticket in Trac for an issue with GSView-4.7.
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/2175
>
> The issue is valid. The new EPS Ghostscript internal versioning
> scheme breaks GSView. I found that simply modifying src/gvcver.h
> in the GSView sources fixes the issue. I simply substituted
> 81502 for 999 for the "max version number" and compiled, and all
> worked fine.

Nice job, Randy. That fix seems fine to me, but I don't use gsview.
It'd be nice if we could get the reporter to test it, but it may be
too far out. Hopefully, he'll see the comments in the ticket and try
it out.

Possibly for future-proofing, the "max version number" should be
increased? It would kind of stink to have to change the gsview page
each time a new ESP ghostscript version was released. Or, we could
change the sed to grab the version number from the gs header. I'm
having trouble getting onto my system through ssh right now, so I
can't see what the headers look like.

--
Dan